Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Jim: Jump Start

I wonder if the very careful format for which I advocated initially is slowing things down too much? I think it is. So, maybe we should talk about lots of topics and use the tagging feature to sort them out for when we write a book.

I will clarify and reiterate a little here and then maybe we can get the discussion going again.

First off, the point of this blog is to evaluate the impact of religion on our country. It is basically a backward looking blog--what has religion done for us. I am writing another blog that looks at where I think Christianity should go. So, that will help me keep the should've happened's out of a discussion a the did happens.

I think religion has had an impact on: tolerance, equality, justice, charity, optimism, the pursuit & use of peace/war, and the pursuit & use of science. I think on balance religion has been good, but acknowledge it could have been a lot better and at time was/is a hindrance to what is best for the country.

No comments: